Psalm 139:13-14

"For you created my inmost being...you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Friday, May 28, 2010

Not Much New...

I had my routine monthly prenatal check up with my ob/gyn yesterday. I do love him. He's a great doctor, with a lot of wisdom. Very calm, doesn't do excess procedures (most non-invasive doctor I have ever been to), and he is encouraging. He asked if I had questions, and I froze. I ended up asking about birthing options (when, what it will be like, VBAC options, c-sections, etc). He was very encouraging about a VBAC and said I am perfectly fine having one, at this point (as in if the baby's condition remains as is). For the off-chance that we decide to do a repeat c-section - to ensure we have a spot on the schedule - we went ahead and scheduled a c-section with him for September. We most likely will not need it...depending on how baby progresses.

As for anything regarding the baby's condition - the topic started to come up, but somehow I changed the subject. I did not want to hear anything negative yesterday. He had begun to talk about what the baby will be like after its born (the complications, etc). I couldn't listen to it yesterday. I realize that may not make sense to most of you - but I just couldn't do it. I need a little "rest" from the heaviness of this situation. I have my next high-risk ultrasound next week, so that will be soon enough for me to be ready to discuss the tough issues with the doctors again.

On a positive note, this baby continues to be wildly active. I have been thoroughly enjoying watching this baby kick me! At 23 weeks, this baby is so unbelievably strong that I can see the kicks from my stomach already. It is so sweet... and precious - truly something I am cherishing each day.

Thank you all for your continued love, prayers, and encouragement... we are blessed.

7 comments:

  1. I don't blame you Erika. There were times I just couldn't listen either. I hope the appt. on Thursday offers you some good news. I will be praying for you.
    Love,
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped by from Lynnette's blog to say I hope things go well for you and your family. Praying you get good news at your next appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    coming over from Lynnette's blog. I will pray for you and your family and please do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like me to pray for.

    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray that at each appointment things look better than before. I have no doubts you are enjoying those precious kicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there---I came over from Lynnette's blog. I am praying for you and for your new little one. I'm lifting you to the throne of Jesus.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for a ray of hope and overwhelming peace for you as you and your babes go through this tough time. 10 years ago we were in that ultrasound office hearing those words no mom wants to hear...possible chromosomal abnormality. I remember the fear so vividly. My heart aches for you as you wait to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love on your baby today...for that is really all we each have - just today and today your little one is with you and kicking you to let you know. Praying for you guys

    ReplyDelete